Powys Council wants to ensure that its citizens are aware of the changes announced by the UK government that affect a number of the existing state benefits. In addition, we aim to tell our residents about new benefits that are going to be introduced. Below are some useful links on our site:
Contact Jobcentre Plus in Powys
You can email an enquiry and in addition all sites are contactable through one telephone number 0845 604 3719.
There are five Jobcentre Plus offices in Powys.
If you are unemployed and available for work, you may be able to get Jobseeker’s Allowance and other benefits. The gov.uk website provides full details including how much you are entitled to. Information is available on the following areas:
- Benefits entitlement – When and how benefit payments are made, benefits adviser and benefit fraud.
- Benefits for families – Includes Child Trust Funds, childcare and the Sure Start Maternity Grant.
- Carers and disability benefits – Includes Disability Living Allowance, Carer’s Allowance and Employment and Support Allowance.
- Child Benefit – Information about eligibility, claiming and when Child Benefit stops.
- Death and benefits – Includes Widowed Parent’s Allowance, Bereavement Payment, Funeral Payment.
- Heating and housing benefits – Includes Winter Fuel Payment and Cold Weather Payment.
- Jobseeker’s Allowance and low income benefits – Includes Income Support, Budgeting Loans and Pension Credit.
- Tax credits – Includes Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit and when tax credits stop.
entitledto will help you to calculate your benefit entitlement, and provide you with information on income-related benefits, tax credits, contribution-based benefits, Council Tax Reduction, Carer’s Allowance, Universal Credit and how your benefits will be affected if you start work.
Their site gives you information on benefits and tax credits if you are working or unemployed, sick or disabled, a parent, a young person, an older person or a veteran. There is also information about council tax and housing costs, national insurance, payment of benefits and problems with benefits.